Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I understand you, but just can't tell you in so many words...

Our son who is non verbal speaks with picture cards and gestures... My fears of him never speaking was just that, 'my fears'...

I used to think it would be nice to hear him say "hi mummy", and at that moment, he would walk in the room and smile in acknowledgement...I used to think it would be nice to hear him say "I love you mummy", but then I would stop myself and say why does it take words to tell you someone loves you, and let's not forget the biggest hugs and sloppy kisses...

This is my story, about my experience in acceptance and understanding that life has it's twists and turns, and the more you experience the more you inhale life...Everyone is different and no one else is me...Until next time...

Yours
Writbitz

No comments: